Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Democracy

Democracy will not come
Today, this year
Nor ever
Through compromise and fear.

I have as much right
As the other fellow has
To stand
On my two feet
And own the land.

I tire so of hearing people say,
Let things take their course.
Tomorrow is another day.
I do not need my freedom when I'm dead.
I cannot live on tomorrow's bread.

Freedom
Is a strong seed
Planted
In a great need.

I live here, too.
I want freedom
Just as you




Analysis 

Figurative Language

Sight: "On my two feet" "
Hear: " tire so of hearing people say, Let things take their course. Tomorrow is another day."

Tone

Impatient: the tone of this poem is  impatient because the poet is in dire need of freedom, not to be felt after he's "dead" as he says. Instead, to take effect while he is living.

Theme

The theme of this poem is to not let things that need to be changed go unnoticed. You have the power to stand up and make a difference but it does not take just one person to make such a change.

Interpretation

Our interpretation of this poem is to not be afraid to make a change. Democracy is the power of the people, therefore, do not let your voice fail to be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment